What you need to know about Fat Dissolving Injections
- How is it done? – After assessment the treatment is done with a carefully planned series of small injections into the area to be treated.
- How does it work? – The product permanently destroys the fat cells by a process called Adipocytolysis. Once the cells have been destroyed they cannot store fat again. Imagine the cells are like balloons – and the injection like a dart, once they have been popped they cannot store fat any longer.
- How many injections do I need? – The amount depends on the size of the area treated. We recommend at two to three treatments 6-8 weeks apart to get optimal results .
- Will I see results immediately? – No it takes up to 6 weeks to start noticing the effects.
- Are the Fat dissolving injections safe? – Yes is safe and non-surgical treatment.
- What are the main side effects? Expect swelling and possibly some minor redness in the treated area on the day of treatment. This can peak over the next two days and subsides over the following 1-2 weeks.
- Can I return to work following treatment? Yes you can return to work, however it is recommended to ice the area in the hours following treatment
- What is the cost? Each treatment likely costs $ 950/ sessions .
- Can the fat dissolving injections be used in any other areas? Yes the product we use is safe to use in other areas. Commonly we treat Jowls, heavy nasolabial folds and under eye fat.
- Are fat dissolving injections safe in pregnancy and breastfeeding? We do not recommend this treatment in pregnancy.
AADFA trained dentist
With unparalleled levels of practical skill and anatomical knowledge of the facial region, dentists are the very best people to be providing facial rejuvenation therapies to the public in a safe and hygienic clinical environment for both aesthetic and therapeutic needs.
AADFA trained dentists are the only practitioners who combine dental and facial treatments under one roof, in the same appointment, making treatments less painful, more convenient and comprehensive.