What is a lactic acid peel?
Lactic acid peels are a type of chemical peel made from AHA (alpha hydroxy acids). They are very mild as they are derived from milk, with a very small chance of an allergic reaction happening. If you have sensitive skin or have never done a chemical peel before, a lactic acid peel will be perfect for you.
Benefits of a lactic acid peel
Lactic acid peels have many benefits for the skin, including:
- Exfoliating the surface of the skin, while deep cleaning the pores.
- Stimulating natural collagen production, evening out skin tone and improving hyperpigmentation of the skin. This will fade dark spots.
- Brightening the skin, and improving the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improvements in acne and drying out oily skin.
- Removing dead skin cells, toxins, and debris that are on the skin.
- Maintaining the skin’s ideal PH level.
After a lactic acid peel, the skin will be very sensitive. It is a good idea to wear sunscreen after the peel and to avoid the sun if possible. Should you experience any itching or redness, please contact us.
AADFA trained dentist
With unparalleled levels of practical skill and anatomical knowledge of the facial region, dentists are the very best people to be providing facial rejuvenation therapies to the public in a safe and hygienic clinical environment for both aesthetic and therapeutic needs.
AADFA trained dentists are the only practitioners who combine dental and facial treatments under one roof, in the same appointment, making treatments less painful, more convenient and comprehensive.